Friday, August 12, 2016

Peaches and the Garden

After work last night  I went home and started peeling this basket of peaches. 

I made the peach cobbler below for supper. YUM!!!  Only thing missing was ice cream.

Then I sliced the rest of them and put them in the freezer for use this winter.  I ended up with 7 quart bags. 

I also went to the garden and picked okra, sweet peppers and jalapeno peppers.  Hubby wants me to fry some okra and green tomatoes and I will put the peppers in the freezer for later use.

Our tomatoes have done great this year.  I have canned 40 quarts so far and we have given lots away.  One of our friends that we gave some to has canned 11 quarts from the first bunch we gave them and not sure how many they have gotten out of this last bunch. 
This is just a few of the 40 quarts I have put up.

I have also put okra, squash and zucchini in the freezer for this winter. Oh and we have canned 14 quarts of green beans.  They didn't do so good so we planted another row and are waiting on them to get ready. Hopefully they will do good and we can get around another 35 to 42 quarts put up.  We have plenty from last year but always try to put up as much as possible in case we have a year that things do not do well. 

I hope to get some sewing in tonight.  That's been slow going with all the canning going on.

Happy Stitching !
Anna





No comments:

Post a Comment