Thursday, August 11, 2016

My First Time Flying

My Great Uncle passed away in Corpus Christi, TX 2 weeks ago.  He was my Grandfather's half brother.  So my 84 year old Mom was bound and determined to go out for the funeral that was being held at Houston National Cemetery.   So I get on the first airplane ride I have ever taken to go with her to Houston because she was not going by herself. 


It was not as bad as I thought it would be but I asked God to get us there and back safely and he did just that as I knew he would. 


Uncle Jr retired as a Lt. Coronel from the Army so he had full military honors.  Mom has always had a hard time with the 21 gun salute and taps.  I thought she was going to jump off the bench when they started firing the guns.  She is jumpy anyway.  All in all it was a good trip under the circumstances and we got to spend some time with our family.




My Mom (redhead) and her Aunt

My Great Aunt and my cousins

Do I want to fly again?  Maybe but not anytime soon.


Happy Stitching!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment