Friday, August 4, 2017

So Much Going On

I have had so much going on.  First we have a new great niece in the family.  Her name is Hannah Kate and she was born on July 28th. 

Second we have been busy working on the ministry quilts for our church.  We have handed 3 out so far and we are finishing up another one to be giving hopefully Sunday.  One went to a precious family who adopted a sweet little baby girl. 

This one went to a man who was diagnosed with leukemia and after going through chemo has been told he is cancer free.

This one went to a man that had a stroke and is recovering very well.
Our group has done an amazing job with these quilts.

I also made a Florida/University of Tennessee quilt for our nephew who got married in March.  He is a Volunteer fan and our new niece is a Gator fan - Gasp LOL.  It was a beautiful wedding and we are very blessed have her in the family.
 

I have also made a couple of baby quilts for members at church who have had little ones.
 


Next I have very busy with our garden.  Lots of veggies coming in.  I have canned 24 pints of dill pickles.  My first attempt at them.  I made cream corn out of 10 dozen ears of corn to go in the freezer and I have made 9 1/2 pints of hot salsa so far with more to be made.  We have also given away a lot of veggies and my Mom has put up 21 quarts of green beans from our garden. 


I haven't taken pics of the salsa yet, but I will.



I am also work on this quilt for our ministry plus a disappearing 9-patch.

I made 25 flower power blocks for a swap that a few friends did.  I got the swapped blocks back this week so I am now ready to assemble them into a quilt. I did this one.
This is what it looks like after they are cut and swapped. 



Happy Stitching Everyone!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment